- A UK based audience research, IPTV monitoring, and TV loyalty platform provider with installations across the globe. The client platform captures massive amounts of data (Big Data) about viewers’ content consumption
- A tier-1 IPTV service provider based in APAC
- Approx. 750,000,000 linear (regular broadcast) TV sessions
- Approx. 300 TV channels
- Approx. 35,000 TV programmes
- Approx. 10,000 Video on Demand (VOD) titles
- Approx. 65,000 VOD purchase-per-view
- How is transactional VoD (pay-per view, Video on Demand) performing?
- Number and type of subscribers consuming VoD
- Average revenue per subscriber
- Consumption by various demographics, particularly by ethnicities
- How can TV service provider drive uptake of transactional VoD?
- Which linear channels and programmes should TV service provider use to promote VoD?
- Which linear channels and programmes over-index for VoD users?
- Is TV service provider pricing its content attractively and correctly?
- How can TV service provider promote its content across ethnicities?
- Where should TV service provider focus content acquisition efforts?
- Categorize all content across tiers reflecting relative popularity and appeal of content
- Determine what kind of content is more successful?
- Determine genres and sub-genres where there is insufficient content to drive consumption
- Carry out Data Discovery to uncover opportunities leveraging Big Data techniques
- Amazon Redshift (for Datawarehouse)
- Hosted on Postgres DB (version 8.4)
- SQL Query (for data extraction)
- Scripting & Microsoft Excel (for data manipulation)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (for final presentation)
- Identified customer segments that were under-penetrated and determined root-causes of low uptake.
- Identified content that was working vis-à-vis the one that wasn’t.
- Analysed sales by price points and recommended simplification of pricing strategy.
- Helped client optimize planned marketing spend by recommending that age-group specific and gender-specific targeting is not required.
- Saved manpower costs for client by providing with on-demand analytics.